Monday, March 30, 2009

The randomness that is me...

You may need to hold on tight, I don't know where this post will take us.  Here are a bunch of random things running around in my head today...

*I've decided to sign up for two 5K races in October.  I've walked both of them before but this year I am determined to JOG/RUN them.  I'm putting this out for all of you nice folks to read to help keep me accountable.  The way I see it, I've given myself plenty of time to train and get ready, so there is no excuse.

*One of these races had '09 sign ups at the end of the '08 race, but I didn't complete the early registration because I was hoping that I would have a tiny baby to use as my excuse for not running the race.  {You can sign up to walk any'ole time, but you have to sign up to run it in advance.} I'm not giving up on the possibility of being pregnant at the time, but I've decided not to let that stop me from living life right now.  And I'd GLADLY give up my nonrefundable registration fee if I do get pregnant and can't run the race.

* I was flipping through some cookbooks this weekend trying to plan our menu for the next week and I found an abundance of soup recipes that I wanted to try.  I LOVE SOUP, so having it every night wouldn't bother me.  But I limited it to 3 out of 7 nights for hubby's sake.  Next week is likely to be another week full of soup though so that I can try out the rest of the yummies that I found.  

*Spring break starts in 3 and a 1/2 days!

*I'm trying to plan my spring break week very carefully so that I have time to get plenty of my to-do list done, but also have lots of leisurely hang around time.  

*Yesterday I was unsuccessful at convincing myself NOT to go to the fabric store.  I went and bought 4 yards of fabric to make someone {I haven't decided yet} a new quilt.  

*I have another quilt top sitting in my craft space {aka the dinning room} that is just waiting to be basted and quilted.  I'm trying some new batting that is making me nervous so I keep putting off getting it done.  JUST DO IT! <- That's what I think every time I walk by and see it still laying there. 

*Driving to work this morning I was behind a fellow teacher.  She stopped at a sketchy gas station very close to our school.  It was only when she pulled in that I realised that I too desperately need gas.  We are talking needle in the red desperate.  I won't be stopping at the sketchy gas station though.  I've already put hubby on alert that I may need him to bring me gas! HA!

*We went to the grocery store late Saturday night after going out to eat.  When we got home I was so tired I told hubby to just hand me the cold stuff to put away.  All the pantry stuff could stay on the table until the morning.  Sunday night I finally got around to putting all the stuff away {don't be jealous of my fantastic housekeeping skills!} and picked up a bag that had 2 bags of frozen veggies and a 4 pack of cottage cheese cups.  GROSS!  It all went into the trash can.  From now on I'll put all the groceries away so that we don't end up wasting perfectly good food again.  

This was fun!  

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I always wished I was a runner, but just never have been. Good for you! Good luck. ;o)

    LORI

    ReplyDelete