Friday, March 6, 2009

Fridays at my school have become Denim Days in order for hospitality to raise enough money for all the baby/bridal/retirement showers they have coming up (that is a whole other post). The problem is that our principal does not like us to wear jeans, she thinks it is unprofessional so she is sort of against this. She did agree to it and doesn't complain, but then again, one of the retirement parties is for her.

I am absolutely thrilled to be able to wear jeans 1 day a week. The problem is that I have the hardest time trying to decide what top and shoes to wear with my jeans. Since the principal already perceives jeans as unprofessional I don't want the rest of my outfit to give her any other reasons to think that.

So today, I stood in front of my open closet with a blank stare and told my husband, "I have nothing to wear!" with some dramatic flare. (Of course he did not appreciate that at 6 am) I changed my shirt 5 times before finding something I deemed appropriate and I changed my shoes to go with that shirt twice.

The irony... if I had worn black pants or khakis I would have been dressed and ready to go in 5 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Doesn't she realize you can dress jeans up? (I'm not expert . . . I'm a jeans/t-shirt girl myself!)

    Some nice boots (or heels), a dressy top, and some nice jewelry. You'll look casual but classy. ;o)

    LORI

    ReplyDelete