Sunday, November 27, 2011

spiritual family

I'm thankful for our church family.  I've been going to the same church since I was about 5.  I was baptised there, went through confirmation there, got married there, and had my Scoot baptized there.  The people, and the preachers, have changed through the years but it is home to me.  I've missed large chunks of time during college and changed services but the family that we have created there is always glad to see us.  I'm thankful that we are surrounded by people who are so much further in their spiritual journey and are wonderful leaders.  I'm equally as thankful for the visitors and those new in their faith who are welcomed in and nurtured by the members.  The Advent and Christmas seasons are among my favorite times to be a part of this church and I'm excited for the weeks to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment