Friday, November 4, 2011

Home Sweet Home

I'm thankful for our house.  When we first bought this house, I was only planning on living here for 3 years.  It's a small house and we didn't plan to have kids while we lived here.  It's been almost 6 years and baby #2 is on the way. 

Plans change.  And a house became our home.

We don't have a ton of room, but it forces us to be organized and picky about the things we buy.  It also forces us to spend all of our time in the same space.  I always hated to see families living in houses where everyone was always in separate rooms and never interacting.  That is not an issue for us. 

Scoot and Roo will eventually share a room and I'm kind of excited about it.  I shared a room with my sister for my entire childhood and I think it was an integral part of our relationship.  Baby Roo will bunk with us until we establish a good night time schedule and are confidant that them being together will not keep everyone up all night. 

It's true that..... Our dinning room is gated off and the dogs stay in there while we are gone.  The kitchen only has 2 drawers and 4 cabinets.  There are only 2 closets in the whole house.  We never have enough seating when people visit. My sewing machine sits on the table 99% of the time because there's no where else to store it.  Our living room is full of kids toys & books.  The washer & dryer are in the kitchen.  We only have 1 bathroom. 

But it is also true that... Our home is warm and cozy in the winter and cool and comfortable in the summer.  Our house is safe.  This is all the space that I care to clean.  We still have a ton more stuff than we really NEED.  We can live here within our means even with me not working.  We have an enormous back yard for the pups and babies.  Hubby has a garage for his man toys.  We feel completely at home here!  We have made it our own, and I don't see us leaving for several more years. 

1 comment: