Friday, November 11, 2011

The Military

Happy Veterans Day!

I'm thankful for the brave men and women who selflessly spend their time to protect me, my family, and this wonderful country.  I'm thankful for their families who give up time with their loved ones so that I am free to spend time with my family.  I'm thankful for their families who keep things running smoothly at home while they are deployed. 

I'm thankful that I live in an area full of military bases.  I'm thankful that I am reminded of the cost of freedom every time I walk into a store and see a soldier, marine or airman in uniform.  I'm thankful that I often have the pleasure of watching jet practice or listening to jet noise.  It really is a beautiful sound. 

I'm thankful that my husband, while not in the military, plays a pivotal role through his job in the way the military protects our country.  I'm thankful that the military keeps the economy in this area constant without the large fluctuations of other parts of the country. 

God Bless the U.S.A!

No comments:

Post a Comment