Saturday, November 26, 2011

father - daughter bond

I'm thankful for the special bond between my hubby and my sweet girl.  I love watching them together.  I love the way they curl up and read books or sprawl out and build towers.  I love the way he whispers to her every night as he puts her to bed.  He's just loud enough that I can hear little whispers over the monitor, but not loud enough that I can tell what he's saying.  I love that they have that special time together.  I love the way she runs to him when he comes home from work - squealing the whole time.  I love the way she looks at the screen saver on my phone and says "dada." I love the way she snuggles up to him early in the morning when she gets up before we're ready to start the day.  I love the way she listens to him with just one warning.  I love the way she stands in the window and waves every morning until his truck is completely gone from sight.  I love the way she tickles him, steals his hat, and helps with his shoes.  I'm so thankful for all the love I get to experience just from watching these two together!

No comments:

Post a Comment