Monday, June 15, 2009

School's Out for Summer!

Today was the last day of school for the kids.

*side note - Who in the world makes the last day a Monday? And a half day at that?*

Only 11 kids showed up. The whole day seemed really quiet and calm. It was an excellent way to end the year. Except I missed all the kiddos who decided not to come. I haven't cried at all, but after I got home and finally had time to think, I realized that I am pretty sad this year is over. These kids definitely got a special place in my heart. I hope wonderful things happen to all of them!

Normally, I wouldn't be so sad about the end of the year. Normally I would just get to see the kids next year when they are in 1st grade and a mere 100 feet down the hall. But I'm transferring schools next year, AND this school is very transient, so there's a good chance I won't see these kids ever again. SAD!

~~~~~~~~
I spent the entire afternoon cleaning and packing my room. I ended up with 9 18 gallon tubs, 2 large cardboard boxes, 15 shoe-box-sized plastic tubs, 2 file crates and 3 plastic drawer towers full of stuff! Where did I get all that stuff? And as Aaron pointed out, did I actually use all that stuff? Yes I sure did!

Aaron came to school this afternoon to help me move most of it home. Only most of it since it all wouldn't fit in my car & his truck! I have to go back tomorrow and pick up the rest of it. What we did move home today moved into the garage. And in just a little over 6 weeks we have to move it all again... to my new school. Oh boy, I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment