Friday, June 5, 2009

"I'm right where I need to be"

Today was a crazy one. We had our end of the year party at school. The kids had way too many snacks with just a touch too much sugar apparently. I tried to keep it on the healthy side (we had plain popcorn, pretzel sticks, graham crackers, 1/2 a banana, 2 Hershey kisses, and a butter cookie), but maybe it was just all the excitement that got to them! It also may not have helped that I had a big important meeting right after school that was keeping me from staying in the moment.

My meeting was with the principal I will be working for next year. I had heard good things about the school, but nothing specifically about her AND I didn't know what grade I would be teaching. Not knowing whether I would be in Kindergarten again or shuffled up to 3rd grade was really worrying me.

By the time I got to the new school I had calmed myself down because really, there's nothing I can do about it if it turns out to be terrible. But as soon as I walked in I could tell that I have nothing to worry about. The folks in the office seem absolutely delightful. The principal and I actually have a lot of things in common and we know some of the same folks from my high school and the town where I grew up. It's a small world! She took me on a tour and the classrooms are really nice. She showed me where she *thinks* I will be down on the KINDERGARTEN hall! (Praise God!) I'll definitely be in Kindergarten, she's just not completely sure right now which room.

Overall, I just felt right at home the moment I walked into the school. What a great way to kick off my weekend! God is faithful!

P.S. I'm going to the beach tomorrow for Dana's birthday and there will be pictures when I get back... probably Sunday :) stay tuned

P.P.S. The title is a reference to a Gary Allan song. Dana is in love with Gary AND we saw him last weekend so I've got him right up front in my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment