Monday, August 24, 2009

#100 & a plea for help

This was the first time I've used the random number generator and I must say that it was fun! I was going to have Aaron pull a comment out of a hat {or bowl or box or whatever} but he's tooooo busy packing tonight to worry about trivial blog business.

Anyway

The Random Number Generator chose...

TINA! Congratulations! I can't wait to share Leslie's earrings with you {and the other odds and ends I happen to like} and I'm absolutely positive that you will enjoy wearing these!
I'll email you to get your address!
~~~~~~~~~~
School starting 2 weeks from tomorrow is REALLY starting to play tricks on my sanity. But not in any normal ways. To the naked eye I appear completely cool, calm, and collected. I'm not freaking out that my class is not all put together or that my lesson plans for the first week are not in order. Instead I randomly lose it when my mom calls and tells me she lost a box of cereal. This makes no sense on so many levels - and I KNOW that, but I still cried over it tonight!!!

If the blog is quiet over the next few days, just know that it's probably because I'm curled up in the fetal position crying over burnt out light bulbs or something as equally ridiculous. But this too shall pass and I'll be back to normal in no time!
~~~~~~~~~~
Before I go though... I need a little help from you lovely blog readers who know their way around the kitchen. On Wednesday morning we are having a pot-luck BREAKFAST {I've never done breakfast pot-luck style before - lunch, sure. dinner, all the time. but not breakfast.} and this will be the first time I meet a good portion of the faculty and staff I'll be working with this year. I'd love to make a good first impression. Wow them with something yummy. Win their hearts through their stomachs.

Any suggestions? To-die-for recipe from your grandma? Please share!

Otherwise I'll just have to stop at the Krispy Kreme and get a hot dozen.... mmmmmm... ooey, gooey hot glazed doughnuts. Excuse me while I dry drool off the key board. I'm not suppose to be eating that much sugar so something healthier would be MUCH appreciated!





2 comments:

  1. Amanda - I am so excited to receive your box of goodies! No worries or hurry on getting it to me. I know you are SUPER busy this week so if it has to wait, I am cool with that. I won't even be home next week. Jason will be by himself as I am heading to IN to help care for my little cousins for a week.

    As for breakfast...I make this breakfast casserole on Christmas morning and on vacations that my husband just LOVES. If you would want to make this casserole to bring, I could e-mail you the recipe this week. Just let me know! :) It is really easy, it just takes about an hour to bake in the oven.

    Have a great day!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'm no help...I vote for Krispy Kreme. You can never go wrong with doughnuts! :)

    ReplyDelete