Tuesday, August 11, 2009

hellooooooo random!

It's only Tuesday and I already have so many random things to share with you that I'm going bullet style today! {These are in no particular order!}
~~~~~~~~~~~~
First, I had a very scary encounter while showering today. Don't worry, I'm not going to share TMI! I was rinsing conditioner out of my hair, almost done in the shower, head leaned back, eyes closed, enjoying the icy cold water (it's suppose to feel like 110* here today!) when all of the sudden the shower curtain rod crashed to the floor knocking over shampoo, conditioner & cleansers. Water is spraying all over the bathroom now because there is no curtain hanging up to contain it. And my first thought was... there's a burglar here to take all our stuff and kill me! Why didn't those lazy dogs bark and put up a fight!?

Turns out the tension in the tension rod just gave out. My heart almost gave out too!
~~~~~~~~~~
Second, it's suppose to feel like 110* here today! Dang!
~~~~~~~~~~
Third, I'm going to share more tomorrow, but wanted to give you a sneak peak of my vacation photos.
This was taken at the Atlantis Resort in Nassau, Bahamas. This was on the second day of excursions from our cruise. I'd go back right now if I could!!!
~~~~~~~~~~
Fourth, I actually ventured out of my house today in this 110* heat and when I came home there was a lovely package waiting for me! Before we left on vacation I had the privilege of winning my very first blog giveaway done by my friend Tina. She sent a lovely package full of a ton of things to make me smile! There is a candle, recipe box, recipe cards, a magnetic frame, a cute little balloon frame, note cards, a magnet, binder clips & number ribbon! I love it all! Tina, you certainly made me smile! Thank you!!!

~~~~~~~~~~

Fifth, I'm going to be having a giveaway of my own pretty soon! I'm getting super close to my 100th post and I'm putting together a giveaway of some of my favorite things. It's going to be super easy to enter and I'm willing to bet you'll find something that will become one of your favorites too! Check back!

~~~~~~~~~~

Sixth, and final point for today. I'm actually keeping up with Amanda Jean's 9 patch quilt along! I *think* I'm still a couple days ahead even after being gone all last week. But I'm a little obsessed with seeing how all these little squares will come together, so once I get started it's hard to stop me! I'm going to work on some more in just a little while!


I've got one more batch that are together but that I haven't taken a picture of. I'll be sure to get those when I take a picture of the ones I do today! Then you can see the first batch here.

~~~~~~~~~~

That about sums it up for today. Have a terrific Tuesday! =)

3 comments:

  1. My daughter just finished her first sampler quilt. It turned out so well!

    It's funny how something like a shower curtain fiasco can scare us so badly isn't it! I had a good visual picture of that one. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the EXACT same thing happen to me in the shower a few months ago. The tension rod somehow got knocked loose and went crashing down. I was sure that there was someone in the house ready to kill me and couldnt figure out how the dog (who would eat the mailman if he could) wasnt in the bathroom protecting me. Dog was asleep....water covered the bathroom...I was seconds away from a heart attack!

    Atlantis! We've been thinking about it for our honeymoon. We are trying to do all inclusive though and cant tell if Atlantis offers an all inclusive option. Also-How was the weather in July??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for mentioning me on here and I am SO GLAD you enjoyed the package! :) Your quilt looks amazing and the pictures are TO DIE FOR! I think I am going to try to talk my husband into a cruise because of your photos!

    I missed you last week! :)

    ReplyDelete