Wednesday, February 4, 2009

turning off the news

It's time to stop watching the weather segment on the local news. All those meteorologists do is get my hopes up. (That snow hope index makes me want to scream sometimes... how can it be a 7/10 one day and be back to 2/10 later that night. I think someone is trying to get me worked up!) Here in good 'ol VA we don't get a ton of snow, but we can usually count on one good ice/snow storm ever (other) year. Well it's been 5 long years without us getting more than an inch. I haven't seen more than an inch of snow in 5 years! Ok, ok... I grew up here and its not really a big deal, but I want a good 'ol snow day once in a while! I want to wake up to see the snow covered ground and my school's name crawling across the bottom of the screen, hop back in bed only to wake up later to have oatmeal and read a good book still snuggling in a big blanket. Is that really too much to ask!?

No comments:

Post a Comment