Monday, July 6, 2009

Set a Goal

The path I walk on at the park has mile markers. My treadmill obviously keeps track of how far I'm walking during each workout. And I've mapped a 1 mile path through my neighborhood. So I've decided to slightly tweak the Steps to Labor Day challenge from A Daunting Tale of Scale Warfare.

I'm going to set a goal for myself each week to walk a certain number of miles each week. I'm giving myself one slack day each week. That way I have room to catch up or go beyond the goal! The number will increase by 3 miles each week, challenging myself to walk an extra half mile each day from the week before. My goal for this week is 15 miles. That is 2.5 miles each day {for 6 days}. I'll let ya know how it's going on Sunday evenings since I plan on making my weeks Monday-Sunday.

*I'm maily doing it this way because I had a hard time getting my pedometer to take an accurate reading over the weekend. This way all the steps I take throughout the day are extra on top of my goal, but I'm still getting pleanty of walking in each day.*

No comments:

Post a Comment