After an Oprah episode about the nitty-gritty parts of being a mommy several blogers aired out their dirty laundry. From what they say, its very therapeutic to get everything out into the open. I'm all about free therapy, so I figured I'd give it a try. Obviously I'm not a mommy, but that certainly doesn't mean that all my laundry is clean!
1. I hate to hand wash dishes! We don't have a dishwasher. SOOO there are ALWAYS dirty dishes in the sink.
2. My least favorite part about washing dishes is the silverware. Sometimes I will wash all the other dishes and leave the silverware in the bottom of the sink. Consequently, we have completely run out of clean forks, spoons, and knives on more than one occasion.
3. I have overdrawn my checking account by buying crafty things on-line twice!
4. I try very hard not to let others see it, but I'm an extremely selfish person. Sometimes I wonder if I'll even be a good parent because I'm so selfish.
5. At any given time, I have multiple bags/boxes of things to take to the thrift store, but they sit there for a l.o.n.g time because I get anxious about actually taking things in there to donate. I have NO idea why?! I've never had a bad experience, I'm just always worried.
6. We have two big dogs and that leads to a lot of dirt being tracked in from the back yard, especially when its muddy outside. It would take so much energy to clean their paws or the floor every time they come in that I don't bother. I wait until the outside mud has dried up to wash the floor. Sometimes that could be a week or more! eek!
7. To me a clean house has more to do with clutter than dust. I consider our house clean when all the clutter is picked up and put away... even if there is dust an inch thick on the shelves.
8. I'm not exactly caught up on the clutter OR the dust at this very moment.
9. I don't cook 'real' food. It scares me. Most of our dinners are something from the frozen food aisle. Unless its soup, I can make good homemade soup!
10. On my days off I still get up (at 5:30) with hubby, pack his lunch, and fix his breakfast. But the moment he leaves I hop back in bed or curl up on the sofa and go back to sleep for a couple of hours. He's never ask and I've never confessed, but I *think* he thinks I stay up and get on with my day.
I think that's enough for now. I've got more, but I don't want you to think I'm a complete slob. Once this post is a distant memory, I'll hit you with part 2. :)
I hope it is sunny and beautiful wherever you are like it is here.