Tuesday, April 14, 2009

#683765628962717 on my project to do list

I like to create... anything. It doesn't matter if I'm making a quilt (the pictures are COMING!), scrapbooking, doing crafts with kindergartners, writing, or trying my hand at drawing. I HAVE to have a creative outlet in order to keep the jitters away. Some have called it a disease.

My husband has given up on having an elegant dinning room because ours is more like a table in a sea of craft supplies. My husband also knows better than to go into craft/fabric stores with me or if he does, it's best not to rush me... it only makes me anxious and it takes me even longer... if that is possible.

Of all the crafts I like to do, and really I haven't found one that I hate yet, the one I'd love to improve (right now) is my photography skills. I'm amazed by women like Jodie, Tara, and Nicole who can capture such wonderful moments.

I don't have a great camera. Mine is old and very dated. My eye for interesting detail is NOT developed. And I don't have ANY photo editing software... which I hear is a must. However, I want to get better. I want to be able to take beautiful pictures. I want to be able to capture moments that can bring back vivid memories years later.

And what better way to hone my skills than to practice? So I've decided to start my Project 365. For this project I will trick myself into a false sense of security by convincing myself it is a scrapbooking project. And truth be told... it is a scrapbooking project, but it requires me to take a picture EVERY DAY for a year. That's a lot of practice!

I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to share these pictures with blog world on a daily basis, but I'm thinking maybe a weekly recap on Saturday or Sunday? I've been wanting to add more pictures to this here blog and I think this will be a good way to get started. Now if I could just get over my perfectionist tendencies and get you some pictures of my quilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment