Thursday, April 9, 2009

all thats left is the barky seal cough

I had blog guilt while I was laying on the sofa dozing in and out. I could see the computer and it was calling my name. My husband says that is what happens when you are addicted to something. And I guess he is right, I am a little addicted to checking other people's blogs (yes, even people I don't actually know) and seeing what's going on in the world. In a way being sick was good for my addiction because I could step away and see that I was spending a lot of time checking blogs. But I really missed it too! So I'm sticking around and checking blogs like before, but I'm going to start limiting my time so that I don't spend quite as much time as I use to.

And that will leave me more time to be crafty! I finished a small quilt yesterday. YAY me! I will take pictures of it to share as soon as it comes out of the dryer. It's getting all soft and crinkly as we speak. And if I can brag just a little... this is my favorite one so far. Now I just wish I had made it a little bit bigger. Wait till you see it!

Today I ventured out and restored one of my childhood Easter memories. I got a brand new pretty Easter dress. When I was little my mom use to make me and my sister coordinating Easter dresses. I remember one year she was still putting the finishing touches on my dress while everyone else was eating Easter breakfast. I haven't gotten a new dress for Easter ever since we've been married but I found a nice classic versatile dress that will work for many other occasions AND it was 50% off so I could not pass it up. But you know what always happens when I get new church clothes? I realize that I need new shoes! :)

Several other blogs I read were airing their dirty laundry this week. They had some great lists and no body threw stones at them... as far as I know. So I've got one of those posts coming up as well. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. I am looking forward to your air-it-out post and I can't wait to see your quilt!

    I agree...I spend a lot of time checking blogs...but I do this at work when I am slow...so I don't have real guilt. When I am off and busy at home, I only usually check it like twice a day so I don't think that is too bad!

    My husband thinks I am addicted, too. :)

    ReplyDelete