Friday, July 12, 2013

rainbow strip baby quilt

I'm showing off my latest quilt today. I used Cluck Cluck Sew's "Strip and Flip" tutorial to create this baby size rainbow quilt. Caroline loves it and I've already been tasked with creating one big enough for her bed.  I'm so glad that I found this tutorial and that Allison is kind enough to share so many free tutorials on her blog. I've also bought several of the patterns she has for sale and I love them all as well! I would highly recommend them all.
 
 
I used everything from chevron, polkadots, flowers and stars to stripes and geometric fabrics. I love the way they all work together.

 
 
I love that the strips finish at just an inch and a half. Its a wonderful size to show off just a bit of the pattern, but still focus mostly on the color which works so well for this rainbow quilt. One of my favorite things about the quilt is the use of the white sashing strips. I just love pops of white in a quilt top!
 
 
Straight line quilting emphasizes the strips on the front and contrasts nicely with the vertical stripes of the green fabric on the back. I also used the same green stripe fabric for the binding. It was hard deciding on a backing fabric because I wasn't sure I wanted to add any additional fabrics to the quilt. I finally decided on the green because I had enough to do the back in one piece and it gives a nice neutral touch to contrast the "busy" front.
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Oh boy I adore this quilt! Fantastic use of the colours, is absolutely gorgeous, I think I will have to make this pattern too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Cute! I'm a sucker for things that come in every color and your stripes do!

    ReplyDelete