Friday, August 10, 2012

I've got a creative itch, but I'm overwhelmed with choices and don't feel good at anything.  I have several quilt projects I want/need to finish, but it's too hot to quilt right now.  Especially with your a/c on the fritz and the insane humidity.  I would LOVE to try my hand at sewing some clothes for Scoot, but for some reason, I'm paralyzed with fear.

My ultimate goal is to find something that I can do to satisfy my creative itch that is also good enough to sell.  Something that someone else will want to pay their hard earned money for.  I'm to wishy-washy to commit to any one thing though. 

I have had a lot of fun making preschool busy bags for Scoot.  And I'd love to share them with other people, but they are so easy to do, that I don't see anybody paying me to do it for them. 

I've thought about making some kind of book bags for school age kids.  Putting together an activity bag based on a popular/quality children's book, but again, I'm afraid to start.  I actually keep myself awake at night thinking of activities to do with certain books and how I could put them together into a kit, but I just don't follow through. 

A big part of it is that I've been missing school/teaching.  With all the back to school stuff out and the commercials, I've been getting nostalgic.  I think about the kids I taught and the kids I'm not going to be teaching this year.  I want to get back to it, but I LOVE being home with my kids and I'm not ready to give that up either. 

Basically I'm a huge mess.  My brain is running in half a million different directions.  Without using my creative side, I feel like I'm missing something.  And on top of all that, I'm developing an addiction to online kids clothing resell groups! My husband and paypal do not approve!

No comments:

Post a Comment