Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day

The military has a huge presence in my area. And I love being so close to so many brave, selfless folks.
  • There are 7 bases within 30 minutes of my house.
  • A large majority of the students at my school are associated with the military in some way.
  • I can sit in my back yard and watch Air Force jets practice.
  • Traffic is noticibly lighter on off days for the military.
  • Deployments and Homecommings make headline news on T.V. and the radio.
  • There are tons of parades and services on holidays like Memorial Day & Veterans Day.
  • Almost every store/resturant has a special discount for military members.
  • I see a man or woman in uniform atleast once a day.

Having such a military presence in this area is a constant reminder that these men and women are putting their life on the line every day to protect me and my family. The families of these men and women also deserve our deepest respect. They stay behind and keep everything running smoothly so that the service members in their family can concentrate soley on their mission to protect America. I am in awe of the selfless way that members of the military put their country first. I am sincerely greatful for everything that I have because of their dedication.

To all of those past, present, and future members of the United States Military :


THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment