Sunday, January 25, 2009

Not Me Monday

MckMama over at My Charming Kids invites us all to be completely open and honest about all the things that DID NOT happen around your life this last week. I'm giving it a shot this week for the first time.



I did not get excited when Dolly decided she loved me so much she just had to put her two front feet up on the couch to give me a kiss. After all, who would want to encourage such behavior from a great dane who was previously afraid of getting on the furniture. That might mean that I have to fight two great danes and a husband for a spot on the couch.



I did not get almost giddy with excitement when Aaron requested that we make a trip to Trader Joe's . A man who believes that the major food groups are made up of spaghetti, peanut butter & jelly, chicken nuggets, pudding, and Reece's cups would not have made such a request.



I did not get so worried about the state of my job next year that I started looking into going back to being a nanny (definitely my favorite job I've ever had)! Not me, I live by faith - not fear.



I did not get so excited about finally being able to wear jeans to work on Fridays {for the small small price of $2 a day} that I went ahead and added up how much it would cost for the rest of the school year.



I did not jump out of bed at 5:30 am, thankful that the phone was ringing. That would have meant that the school's connect-ed system was calling me to let me know that school was cancelled due to the weather. That certainly would not have been a very good reason to be woken up at 5:30 am!



I did not count AND re-count the number of days until I can test to see if we got pregnant this month. I am a patient person and I am relying on God's timing for all of that!



Head on over to MckMama's blog and see what she and a bunch of other folks have not been up to this week.

1 comment:

  1. I love Not Me Monday! Good luck with the counting and recounting... how exciting if you ARE in fact pregnant! AND if you are, just wait, the Not Me's will get even worse! :)

    ReplyDelete