Friday, March 8, 2013

Equal Parts

I'm equal parts thrilled and terrified. Today I got my very first request for a custom quilt.

EEEEEEE *squeal* EEEEEEE

I've made quilts as gifts for friends and family. During that process I keep their style & interests in mind. But ultimately, they were getting a free quilt/blanket and if it wasn't EXACTLY what they wanted, they just lied to me! HA  Generally when I give a quilt as a gift everything (fabric & pattern)about it is a surprise until they open it.

For the first time, someone is going to pay me their hard earned money to make their vision come to life. They are going to have in-put on the fabric selection and the pattern.

I am super excited for this challenge!

And super scared!


I know I can do it. It's going to be fun. And I'm going to work super hard to make sure she gets exactly what she wants!


The first quilt I ever made using quality, designer fabric. I still LOVE it and wish I had made it bigger.
 
 
 
A 9-patch quilt I made in 2012. This is one of my all time favorites, but it lives at my sister's house now.

No comments:

Post a Comment